vrijdag 31 december 2010

A note on the old year

How much happier, I was,
Just a mere year ago,
Though it now seems,
Like a thousand years.
Broken in your gentle embrace,
Sheltered and sighing
Between your loving thighs
And nurtured by your mouth
And lips, completely
Envisioned in your laughing brown,
Compassionate eyes.

I am a sensuous swine.
Please forgive me.

You will always be,
If the occasion allows me,
To be nothing but a scribbling
Sentimental fool,
A part of me.

And you will,
leave my memory no more.

Even though,
Our struggles fought
I can’t but think,
It’s all for the best,
This rupture I am feeling
As if my heart was torn,
From my ragged breast.

Sick and sickening,
Weary from all this mundane
And futile bickering and bitching,
I want to rest and be gone,
But I can’t but sleep and eat,
Cowardly and vainly follow,
The uttermost logic of things,
And wait for my end.

Geen opmerkingen: