zondag 17 oktober 2010

Bifurcation

Wanneer je nog jong was en heel alleen,
Wat voelde je toen, ver van iedereen?
(Neil Young, Only love can break your heart.)


Our roads are lengthy, our legs are strong,
You can carry me if you want to, but I’d rather walk
It’s healthier when one acquires a physique.

The sun is glaring, so are your eyes, I can’t feel,
What they’re saying.
Have your pupils always been this black?
They look like coffee cups, but colder.

Remember that time, we were stuck in the swamp,
Bitten by a thousand leeches, or maybe three.
Oh how you held me and told me,
You’d die to be near me.
What a very silly thing to say.

En weet je nog hoe je zei,
Dat wat voor goden was geschreven,
Als het door mensen wordt gelezen,
Verkeerdelijk als liefde wordt begrepen?

Was it a lie, my sweetness, my poodle?
My koochie, my saachie, my pradabaggie?
Probably not. Or Maybe it was.

Still, in our inebriation there was fondness, affection and even love
And for an epoch, a brief but silent moment, all was worthless,
All but you, and us.

Time passed and so did we, the wolves caught up and the night got lame,
We were never an item, we were never a wave, we were never a solid hit.
There’s more we weren’t, but nobody likes an enormous enumeration.
Have your eyes always looked so cold? They look like satellites, they really do.

Geen opmerkingen: